Holiday Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
Recipe: Honey, IPA Mustard, Glazed Ham
1 fully cured/smoked boneless ham, 6-7 pounds
12 ounces of your favorite IPA beer
1 and 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Old Brooklyn Cheese Co. Spicy IPA Mustard
1 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons sea salt/kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place an oven rack on top of a large baking sheet.
2. Place your ham on the rack. Score the entire ham in a diamond or cross hatch pattern, cutting just 1/2 inch.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the beer, brown sugar, honey, Spicy IPA Mustard, allspice, salt, and black pepper. Brush the entire ham with 1/3 of the glaze. Reserve the remaining 2/3.
4. Place the ham in the oven, uncovered and bake for 1 hour. Brush another 1/3 of the glaze on top and bake for an additional hour or until the top is brown and crisp. Remove from the oven.
5. In a small sauce pan, add the remaining glaze. Reduce over medium-low heat until the glaze is thick. Remove from the heat and pour into a serving bowl.
6. Slice the ham and serve with the warm glaze.